Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Quite Stupid

All of them were murmuring that day
They kept their eyes on nothing but his face
Everyone was mentioning his name
Except me, I did not even notice him

Months had passed until it sank into my mind
That we were so close-- envied by everyone
Never thought you would be that near
Unknowingly, in my heart you were so dear

I wouldn't fall, I wouldn't go beyond
From the very beginning, I knew I must not
After all,  the boundary was our friendship
The absurd reverse was the thing I did

I must have gotten you wrong
and I had to admit, to you I feel belong
Your breath-taking smile changed my mood
Your electrifying touch shivered my whole

I should have the guts to tell it straight
Or should've avoided you before it worsened
Dumbly, I was drowning, I messed up a lot
Sorry, I was not able to get up

I wondered what would you say, my dear
Would you return the favor, or not?
The answer slapped me before I ask
Someone was in your heart-- the name was not mine

Life's irony was full of shit
Fault was mine, I let it slipped
I should've had known my place, since then
to be your companion-- just your companion

(This poem was written years ago, and was also re-written a few times.) 


No comments:

Post a Comment