Sunday, December 28, 2014

Free Hand Drawing


         Usually, I draw editorial cartoons 'cause that's what I am trained for when I was the EIC of our school's newspaper. But then, a teacher asked me to participate in a free hand drawing contest. It was harder than cartooning, honestly. I gladly accepted it, though, because it's a new thing for me. Why not try before I graduate?

          My task was to sit in front of a slightly tilted board, and draw the real fruits displayed in front. These photos explain what I did. Lol. See the bananas? I ate one of them. By the way, I drew them during my practice. There are about five of them but the rest is in my trainer's classroom as souvenirs. Unfortunately, the actual drawing I submitted was taken by the organizers. (It was on-the-spot drawing.)

     Out of more than 30 students, luckily, I got the 5th place. And, the only girl in top 5 (*winks*). I'm happy with that as first timer.  





Medium used:  Staedtler pencil numbers HB, 2B, 3B, 4B, 5B, 6B, 7B, 8B

No comments:

Post a Comment