Tuesday, December 2, 2014

5 Reasons Why I Watch Kdramas

I am sure I  am not the only one who's getting drooled on every Korean leading men when watching K-dramas. I, too, cannot comprehend how they easily get my attention. I am not a Korean, but I love watching their shows, so, here are my TOP 5 reasons why I am addicted to it.

5. Fresh Ideas & Twists
I'm kind of tired watching heavy dramas, going under the same circumstances and problems. One of the things I noticed in K-dramas is that, they produce another idea, and mix it with the old ones. In that case, people would love it to try new ones. Besides, they're good at making the story worthwhile despite the long episodes. Boring scenes are not that much--everything is exciting and worth-watching!

4. Music Backgrounds & OSTs
I'm not a fan of K-pop groups, or singers, but surely, am fan of OSTs. I used to hum every songs they used in dramas. I love how they put different songs in some scenes (kissing scenes, sad scenes, funny scenes, etc.) OSTs add a little color to the drama and--apparently--make them more romantic.

3. Romantic Scripts
Though, I only understand K-dramas because of English subtitles, I still appreciate the lines every character says. It's just that, they're very heart-warming and romantic. Just add a little good acting ability of the cast, and the show is going to be great.

2. The Characters Themselves
I'm sure, I'm not the only one saying this, but the characters are so good-looking, especially the leading men. I'm not sure, but I think the productions are kind of curious when it comes to the face of their casts. Somehow, some actors portray their role properly and effectively. My favorite actors are Song Joong Ki (The Innocent Man), Kim Seo Hyun (My Love From the Star), Park Shin Hye (Heartsrings, & Miracle in Cell no. 7), and many more. 

1. Humor and Drama Combination 
No doubt. They are really great when it comes to this. Some dramas are showcasing heavy situations, yet, the humor is still in the air. I use to write novels, and I find it hard to combine these two, but in K-dramas, they do it smoothly and enjoyably. The humor is not that overrated, unlike other shows. To be honest, I always cry since I started watching them. Just can't help it.  



No comments:

Post a Comment